David M. Pederson
David Pederson is a shareholder of the firm. He joined Wendland Utz in 2006. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced in Chicago, Illinois. His practice areas include:
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE
- New business formation
- Acquisitions, mergers and sales of businesses, including assets and stock sales
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating business, construction and employment contracts
- Consulting regarding governance matters, disputes
- Representing Plaintiffs and Defendants in commercial litigation
- Preparation and review of wills and trust agreements
- Health Care Directives and Powers of Attorney
- Preparing specialty trusts, such as special needs trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Sale or purchase of real estate (commercial and residential)
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases
- Tax-deferred exchanges, including reverse exchanges and involuntary conversions
- Preparing, filing, enforcing, and defending mechanic liens
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Representing and counseling commercial lenders and borrowers in loan documentation, workouts and restructuring negotiations
- Creditor remedies, including foreclosures and collateral repossessions.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL
University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, Highest Honors (1999)
University of Minnesota Law School, Cum Laude (2002)
Admitted to bar, Minnesota, Illinois, and U. S. District Court, District Court of Minnesota.
Member American Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, Olmsted County Bar Association.
Volunteer and supervising attorney for the Minnesota State Bar Association, Wills for Heroes program. Learn More about Wills for Heroes
Outside of his office practice, Dave volunteers his time to several nonprofit organizations, including the Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation, Rochester Rotary Risers, Rochester Area Builders, and Olmsted Medical Center Foundation.
Dave enjoys following his alma mater’s football and basketball teams, and Minnesota Vikings and Minnesota Twins. In addition, he likes to hunt and play golf. However, nothing gives him more delight than his family – raising three young boys and spending time with his wife, Kate.