Craig W. Wendland
Mr. Wendland is the senior attorney at the firm, is licensed to practice in Minnesota and California, and has extensive experience within a wide range of commercial, real estate and estate planning law, including:
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE
- New business formation
- Acquisitions, mergers and sales of businesses, including asset and stock sales
- Creating, reviewing and negotiating Buy/Sell Agreements
- Consulting regarding governance matters, disputes
- A wide range of corporate matters, including extensive experience with strategic planning concerning business growth, acquisition, and successorship issues
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
Representing and counseling commercial lenders and borrowers in loan documentation, workouts and restructuring negotiations
- Experienced representation regarding the negotiation, sale, purchase and development of residential and commercial real estate
- Preparation and review of commercial and residential leases
- Tax-Deferred (Section 1031) Exchanges, including reverse exchanges
- Preparation and review of comprehensive estate plans, including asset ownership, wills and trust agreements
- Living Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Preparation of specialty trusts, including qualified personal residence trusts (QPRT), irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT), and special needs trusts.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL
University of Minnesota (B.A., 1972)
University of California School of Law at Los Angeles (J.D., 1976)
Admitted to bar, 1976 California; 1979 Minnesota; 1980 U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
Member of Minnesota State and American Bar Associations, State Bar of California.
Mr. Wendland is an author and lecturer on contract law for the Minnesota State Bar Association and for Minnesota Continuing Legal Education. He has frequently lectured before business and professional groups on legal issues related to business formation and relationships and estate planning techniques. He also has been selected by his peers as a Leading Minnesota Attorney in Residential and Commercial Real Estate Law, Publicly Held Corporations Law and Small and Privately Held business Law.
Mr. Wendland is active in community affairs and currently serves as a Director of Neurological Recovery House. He has previously served on the following nonprofit boards: Rochester Area Foundation, Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation, Exchange Club, Rochester Area Builders, Cronin Homes Foundation, Legal Aid of Olmsted County, Olmsted County Tax Roundtable, and Olmsted County Estate Planning Counsel, among others. In addition to boating and fishing with family and friends at the family cabin in Northern Minnesota, Mr. Wendland’s passions include pheasant and duck hunting with his black lab, Libby. A lifelong motorcyclist and a Harley Davidson owner, he has traveled fifteen countries to date on two wheels with friends, the most recent adventures including New Zealand, Chile, Argentina and Australia. Additional countries are on the wish list!